www.redroutebuses.co.uk Bus & Coach Redroute Buses Ltd – Private Hire Terms and Conditions
1. Cancellation – The following scale charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge. The cost of accommodation, meals, and theatre tickets purchased prior by Redroute Buses at the request of the hirer, will be charged to the hirer, plus any administration charges incurred by RedRoute Buses.
Cancellation Notice Charge
28 Days or More Deposit
21 - 28 Days 25% of full hire charge
14 - 20 Days 50% of full hire charge
8 - 13 days 75% of full hire charge
1 - 7 days 100% of full hire charge
2. Failure to arrive – Redroute Buses cannot be held responsible for any buses/coaches failing to arrive for any reason. We shall issue all confirmations necessary to ensure a firm booking whether via 1st class post, fax, email, telephone call or all of these media.
3. Compensation – Redroute Buses will not be liable for any compensation claims arising from coaches failing to arrive for any reason, or the hirer refusing the vehicle for any reason.
4. Hirer’s responsibility – The hirer is responsible for confirming the bus/coach is suitable for the journey; this may involve the hirer visiting Redroute Buses premises or other location to view the vehicle or similar. Redroute Buses can forward vehicle specifications and, in some cases, a picture of the vehicle on request. Terms and conditions will be deemed accepted by the hirer upon acceptance of the bus/coach booking confirmation.
5. Emergency number – in case of emergency, please call 01474 353896 .
6. Complaints – Any complaints in respect to Redroute Buses services must be received in writing at head office within 14 days of travel.
7. Coach specification – Redroute Buses will secure a confirmed booking for a bus/coach to the nearest specification requested by the hirer if the exact specification is not available at time of booking.
8. Payment – Payment terms must be complied with as per confirmation letter. If payments are not received by due date the bus(es) or coach(es) may be cancelled without notice unless the hirer has signed credit facilities with Redroute Buses. Redroute Buses reserves the right to add interest at the rate of 6% per calendar month, after the date by which payment should have been made.
9. Smoking and drinking policy – All bus(es) and coach(es) booked through Redroute Buses are strictly non-smoking. Drinking is not permitted unless agreed prior to travel when making the booking.
10. Passenger property – Redroute Buses do not accept liability for any loss or damage to passengers’ baggage or personal belongings. Passengers’ property is taken onto the vehicle entirely at the owners’ risk.
11. Agency arrangements – Where Redroute Buses arranges ancillary facilities such as meals, accommodation, ferries, shuttles, admission tickets or any other service provided by another supplier, it does so as agent for and on behalf of the hirer. Any terms and conditions imposed by such other suppliers through Redroute Buses shall be binding on the hirer as if he had directly contracted for such services.
12. Facilities not working – Where a coach is booked with facilities on board, Redroute Buses cannot be held liable if the facilities are not working on arrival at pick up point.
13. Cancellation by the company – Redroute Buses cannot be held liable for the event of any emergency, riot, civil commotion, strike, lockout, stoppage, restraint of labour or occurrence of any event over which the company has no control including adverse weather and road conditions or ‘force majeure’ or in the event of the hirer taking any action to vary conditions unilaterally, Redroute Buses may, by returning all money paid except administration charges and without further liability, cancel the contract.
14. Route/time variation – Redroute Buses reserves the right to levy additional charges for additional mileage/time in excess of that agreed. The vehicle will depart at times agreed by the hirer and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. Redroute Buses accepts no liability for any loss incurred by passengers who fail to follow instructions. If the hirer requires any variation to the route or timings as previously agreed they should seek advice from Redroute Buses head office, as drivers cannot be held responsible for communicating amendments.
15. Drivers’ hours – The hours of operation for the drivers are regulated by law and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passenger shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching these regulations. If any breach is likely to occur, unless outside control of the hirer, the hirer will be responsible for additional incurred costs. Any additional costs will be as condition 14.
16. Breakdown and delays – Redroute Buses gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown, traffic congestion or other events beyond the reasonable control of Redroute Buses, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances Redroute Buses will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
17. Passenger conduct on board the vehicle – The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by the passengers for the duration of the hire. Where the hire is a sporting event, the hirer should be aware of the legal requirement relating to alcohol contained in the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1995 and the conditions of entry to race courses as laid down by the Race Course Association Ltd. Redroute Buses will provide details of these restrictions on request.
18. Provision of conductors – The law requires that a responsible person shall be on the platform of rear platformed buses to supervise the passengers. Redroute Buses can provide a conductor at an additional charge or the client may nominate an individual whose details must be provided to Redroute Buses Ltd. Where the booking extends beyond 2200 Redroute Buses will provide a conductor and charge accordingly.
19. Authority of driver/ conductor - The authority of the driver and / or conductor is final. They have the right to stop the bus, cancel the hire or ask passengers to leave the bus at their discretion for reasons of safety, health, behaviour or any other reason. In such an event, the hirer will not receive compensation.
20. Seating Capacity – Redroute Buses will, at the time of booking, agree and specify the legal seating capacity of the vehicle. The hirer must not load the vehicle beyond this capacity.
21. Safety - The safety of passengers is our first priority. The following guidelines must be followed by all passengers: · Passengers may not move between the upper and lower decks while the bus is in motion · Passengers must remain seated whenever possible while the bus is in motion (especially on the open top bus) · Passengers must act in accordance with any instructions given by the conductor.
22. Parking Fees and Toll charges – Unless otherwise agreed with Redroute Buses, the hirer shall be responsible for all parking charges and road tolls whether in UK or European travel. Where Redroute Buses Ltd is aware of possible charges, these will be added to the invoice. Otherwise, the client is responsible for payment of all charges on request.
23 - Binds & Decorations - If you order a blind or provide your own decorations, unless you ask specifically, we will keep these for 2 weeks after your booking before disposing of them.
24 - Damage to Bus - Any damage caused by putting banners or wraps on the bus will be charged to the customer in full.
25 -Signing of Agreement - By signing and returning our acceptance form you are agreeing to all the above.